Choosing the perfect wine to pair with various entrées can be challenging, especially when the wine list is as deep as that at Osteria IL Centro. For certain, your own "go-to" glass will be quite enjoyable with most any menu item at OIC, but experimenting with various wine and food pairings is a great way to experience your meal in a whole new way! Pairings can be complementary, highlighting key flavors in both the food and wine; or, they may be contrasting, where opposite flavors merge and create balance. Ready to try something new? Consider the following pairings and see if there are might be a new combination you'd like to explore on your next evening with us!
Appetizer Wine Pairings
We suggest starting your dining experience at Osteria IL Centro with a primi piatti (first plate) bursting with bold flavors to excite and prepare your palate for the great meal ahead. Choosing an equally adventurous and tantalizing wine might take your first bite at OIC to the next level!
- Calamari Fritti – Scarpetta Rosé: This dazzling, crisp rosé allows the calamari’s delicate flavor to shine through.
- Osteria Bruschetta – Santa Cristina Pinot Grigio: The savory acidity of the fresh tomatoes is complemented beautifully by this Pinot Grigio's green apple and lemon peel notes.
- Stuffed Mushrooms – Schug Pinot Noir: The velvety texture and acidic, ripe fruit notes of this Pinot Noir make it an excellent match for this starter's earthy and spicy flavor profile.
Main Course Wine Pairings
Each main course at Osteria IL Centro is a showcase of authentic Italian cuisine, a meal that will certainly be enhanced with a perfectly paired bottle of wine! Tasting and exploring the wines that elevate your favorite dish to the next level is a little bit art and a little bit science, but in the end, mixing and matching is half the fun! For your consideration are a few of our suggestions!
- Atlantic Salmon – Joullian Family Chardonnay: The oaky undertone of this wine balance the bold salmon flavor, while the pome fruit and buttercream notes pair nicely with the beurre blanc.
- Lobster Ravioli – LaMarca Prosecco NV: Bright acidity and stone fruit flavors make this crisp Prosecco a fantastically light accompaniment for the lobster and ricotta’s full, rich flavor.
- Lamb Chops – Hall Cabernet Sauvignon: The powerfully bold flavor of the lamb chops is best matched with an equally bold wine such as this Cab, which features enticing notes of dark plum and dried herbs.
Dessert Wine Pairings
When it comes to dessert, the sweetest course of the meal, the ideal wine pairing lightens and revitalizes your palate between each bite. Finishing your meal with the perfect wine and dessert match-up is hallmark of an excellent evening at Osteria IL Centro!
- Gelato Ball – Charmes Rosé: A glass of wonderful rosé – zesty and dry with notes of red fruits – effortlessly balances the sweetness of the dark chocolate and raspberry gelato.
- Tiramisu – Sarracco Moscato d’Asti: The savory notes of botanicals, lemon, and yellow stone fruit provide a refreshing, contrasting respite from our rich and delicious tiramisu. Bon appetite!
On another note, if you're a wine enthusiast – or aspire to be one – you may want to join Osteria IL Centro’s Wine Club! Membership is complimentary and, OIC Wine Club Members are the first to know when new wines arrive, receive special wine offers throughout the year, and receive invitations to exclusive OIC wine tasting events – including our holiday wine sale! Click here to join the OIC Wine Club (there's no charge!)
If the suggested wine pairing suggestions have enticed your palate, why wait, make a reservation at OIC today! Try our suggested combinations – or come up with new pairings of your own! And remember, at Osteria IL Centro, the food and wine are so good, they make the conversation even better!